Haikus (revised)

1
The more you give love
The more an angel's cup fills
The more holy wills


2
The moon rises bright
Not to replace the sun’s height
Both work day and night


3
Cradles me asleep
The sea is a lullaby
Rocking back and forth


4
The jungle runs wild
Beastly freedoms take control
Running forever


5
A tall tree bending
Feeling the downs of the day
Meeting me in pain


6
Colors shedding through
Along the rainy pavement
Now searching for gold


7
Seeing the sign up
Doesn’t mean being fluent
Speaking its language

Comments

  1. 1 and 5 are definetly my fav! I am usually really not into Haikus, but these are really very clever. I like the play with rhyme. Also your diction - super strong and concentrated the lines. "crust," "downs" (as a noun), "colors shedding" -woh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 (revised)

The Word Doc. (revised)

A Sweet Villanelle (revised)